Golf Fore Africa's Women's Trip to Zambia, May 2015

We are so excited to be going to Zambia with a fantastic group of women! Please follow our travels on this trip blog which we will update daily with fun stories and photos of our adventures.

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day 3 Reflection from Ashley on Zip-Lining

There’s something about jumping into the unknown - either metaphorically or physically – that does something to you. It makes you feel. Whether it’s a feeling of being alive or out of control or fearful or carefree; you can’t escape it and you have to talk about it. 

 

“What was it like for you when you jumped off the platform?” We all asked each other with a laugh. Did you feel scared? What did it feel like when your feet left the ground? Did you think about your harness failing or were you swept up in the momentAll I know was for methe feeling was surprising. It was a feeling of change. It was acceptance. It was letting go. All at the same time. And I felt no fear at all.

 

I wanted to dive in not only with an open mind but a laugh, a smile and a full running, giving-it-my-all jump. And in some way it was symbolic of the next phase of my life that I have been reluctant to go into. I’ve been clinging to my past; my-oh-so-comfortable past. What if I’m not strong enough? What if the harness failsWhat if I fail? What if, what if what if. But as I went gliding, after the initial jump, my eyes saw so much beauty. The river, the forest, the cliffs and - my favorite of all - my friends cheering me on; laughing and excited for my new experience. It’s a moment I will never forget and a reminder of all the joy, growth and beauty I would have missed if I would have been too fearful to take the jump. 

 

Looking back I felt like the Proverbs 31 woman. “She laughs without fear of the future.” That experience will be more than just an exciting jump on a beautiful Saturday in Zambia. It’s where I realized that if I don’t jump into the unknown I will never experience all the beauty God has for me to see. So I will jump without fear. The winds of change are coming. Will I be ready and willing to go? Yes. Yes, I will.



1 comment:

Lauren Bishop said...

Beautiful post and so proud of you for all the leaping you are doing!